Summary of Responsibilities
To assist the Restaurant Manager, Head Waiter and Supervisors in ensuring that The Moat House restaurant maintains and exceeds it’s outstanding 2 AA Rosette standards in all areas including customer service, food and drink service standards and effective teamwork. Responsible for recommending and delivering superlative standards of wine, complimentary to The Moat House fine dining experience.
Key Skill Areas
Communicates relevant information on a timely basis and in a style and format suitable to the audience and occasion.
- Be aware of changes to (or new) restaurant menus / products and services through attendance at regular briefings / team meetings
- Provide input into the restaurant team, giving and accepting feedback on department / individual performance
- Ensure that cross department communication is efficient and effective, e.g. events, bar etc.
- Ensure that all customer communication, written and verbal, is of an excellent standard, providing knowledgeable and accessible wine recommendations and service
Demonstrates a clear commitment to achieving high standards of customer service. Anticipates and focuses on the needs of customers and acts to ensure they are met.
- Act as a role model for all staff in delivering superlative customer service appropriate for a 4-star establishment and assisting colleagues to consistently achieve the same standards
- Encourage customer feedback, both verbally and using comment forms, as a learning experience and to promote continuous improvement
- Suggest improvements and new ideas where appropriate to drive forward standards
- Have awareness of competition and benchmark Moat House standards against those of competitors at every opportunity
- Ensure that all customers are delighted and their expectations are exceeded with the level of service and drinks / food standards and continue to use the Moat House
Achieves results through effective self-management and reflects company standards.
- Work with a positive and highly professional approach at all times whether dealing with colleagues or customers
- Share knowledge and suggestions for improvements with managers and colleagues for the benefit of the business
- Assist in highlighting any people issues and managing conflict or dissent within team
- Behave in a way that reflects culture and values of the business, helping towards achieving business excellence in all areas
Achieves results through effective teamwork. Has a positive approach to the team.
- Works positively as a part of the team, respecting colleagues opinions and feelings
- Gives feedback when required and deals with any issues head-on with the support of management
- Helping people to maximise their contribution to the business, sharing knowledge and skills with the team including supporting new team members
- Work flexibly, where possible to support the department, and across other areas of the business when needed
Delivery of Job
Consistently achieves the standards / responsibilities outlined in the agreed job description.
- Assist in ensuring maximum profitability through efficiency, maximising business and upselling where appropriate
- Assist in aiming to exceed targets through innovation and development of business, seeking new ways, personally and through the team, to improve both quality and profitability
- Identify problems or issues, e.g. people issues, customer complaints etc and with the Restaurant Manager and Supervisor, take action to prevent reoccurrence where ever possible
- Maintain the standards of a 2 AA Rosette / 4-star establishment through high standards of food, wine and service to achieve recognition e.g. “Best Restaurant in Staffordshire”
Qualifications / Level of Experience
Educated to at least GCSE Level standard or equivalent
At least 2 years’ experience in a service led environment
Knowledge and experience of fine wines / wine service
- Professional appearance
- Confident and personable
- Numerate and literate
- High personal standards
Working Pattern / Environment
Based operationally in the restaurant area of The Moat House, working flexibly over seven days within agreed shift patterns. Flexible to attend staff / team meetings where required.
To Apply for the Role
Please email the Restaurant Manager Andrew Addison andrewa@TheLewisPartnership.co.uk with your CV and covering letter.